Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stop and Smell the Roses...

This is a card I made some time ago. I look at it every now and again to remind me to do just that - stop and smell the roses.

Shane and his friend Ashley were here last night for dinner. I so love spending time with these two! They always have lots of stories to make us laugh. What a great dinner!

I am getting ready right now for a scrapbooking and stamping garage sale at my house on Saturday. Let's face it. My craft room could use some simplifying, and so I thought I'd share the good deals with others. I've been pulling new things out that I didn't even remember I had!

My box for Operation Write Home is going out with Thanksgiving and Christmas cards. What a wonderful place to send cards!!

After my garage sale, I'm taking a little time to stop and smell the roses. To tell you the truth, dear friends, I haven't been feeling all that well. It's getting a little harder to accomplish things without being exhausted afterwards. I would assume it's all the medicine I am on. I'm having a lot of other side effects as well, so I'm trying to get through them. This is the last medicine for me - having tried everything else - so I guess I need to do what I must to get through this. The troubling part for me is that I've been working with it for over 2 months now, and the side effects and seizures should have been gone. This is just one more more hill to climb, one more time in my life that I need to rely on my faith and wait to see all the marvelous things God can do.

So I'll be back, but I just need a little time to rest and try to get all this in balance. Keep watching my blog to see when I put that new out that new artwork!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty!

Unknown said...

Good luck on your scrappin' yard sale...and even more importantly, GET BETTER! I know that you have so much that you are always wanting to get done and slowing down is not in your nature, but I"m so glad you are recognizing that you need some time to "chill." Take care of yourself. We'll be waiting to see how you are doing when you get back.

Dawnll said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie, please promise us you will take the time to feel better because you are important to all of us.God has a plan but sometimes it is hard to trust that he knows better.

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, and feel better, go buy some new scrappy goodies with the money you make at the g sale

Unknown said...

Oh my dear friend, I love this card and it is so very true, we do need to take time to smell the roses. I wish you luck and fun at your sale this weekend. I will keep you in my prayers and have prayer circle for you with my friends! You do need to take time to rest and get better. I know it did your heart good to see Shane last night. Love, hugs, and prayers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Scrappin With Tammy said...

Brenda,

First and foremost, you need to take care of you! Lots of hugs and prayers going out to you. Try not to be so hard on yourself. What gets done, gets done and what doesn't, doesn't.

Hugs,
Tammy

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...