Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Year 19

I was planning on scrapping our 19th Anniversary pictures right away. That was such a special evening, and we had such a wonderful time at the new restaurant Shane serves at along with his friend Ashley. I knew exactly what materials I was going to use, and it fit in wonderfully with Penny's challenge! Her challenge this week is pearls. You should hop over to her blog. She creates digital stamps, and this week she is giving one away FREE for everyone that enters her challenge!
  • CTMH Silhouette paper (that big flower is hand cut from a sheet of paper)
  • Thickers letters
  • random lace
  • CTMH black ink for distressing
  • Liquid Glass
  • Pearls - Creative Imaginations and Pearl Stickers
I wanted to show you some of the layout up close. When I cut out the large flower from Silhouette paper, I covered it with Liquid Glass. That is such a wonderful element on artwork. After it was dry (about 3 hours for this project), I added pearls.

Below you'll see my Thickers up close. LOVE these letters simply because they are glossy. They appear to have Liquid Glass on them, and they are slightly raised in this font. Pearls were the finishing touch on this simple layout that I took from the CTMH how-to book, Reflections.

7 comments:

Penny said...

oh wow!! Your layout is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! I just love Silhouette, don't you?

Dawnll said...

Oh I love this layout, what a beautiful job you did. I love that you cut out the flower I guess I never thought of doing that.Thats for the inspiration, just beautiful sweetie!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This has become an absolutely nice LO.
Thus the nice details which you have worked out it likes me very well.
Annette

Unknown said...

Stunning layout Brenda! I love the colors and the use of pearls is just perfect. It looks like you all had a wonderful evening! Love is so very GRAND!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Wow this is stunning! I love all the pearls!

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous layout! Love your colors, and use of pearls...Happy 19th!

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you enter this week's too!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...