Friday, December 4, 2009

I decided to play along this week at The Play Date Cafe. The challenge was to use the three colors from their example picture.

I had some Little Yellow Bicycle die-cut paper, and I cut out the center medallion. It was easy enough to thread SU cranberry ribbon through the holes that were already on the paper. From their I created a shadow box with snowflakes to put behind the piece. A little glitter and a button, and it's all done!
I have some ideas about what I want to do this. It would be a lovely piece on the tree, and I think I would spray some pearl glimmer mist on it then to complete it. I've also got a page where it would be a nice embellishment. Of course, it would make a lovely tag as well! So I'm not certain yet where it will go - just know it is going to be used!!

11 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

So glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe...this is a really great piece! Well done!

Sandi said...

Brenda, it will be lovely/perfect no matter where it goes, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Dawnll said...

Oh it is so beautiful and those are wonderful colors.I know you will use it for sure. Hugz

Teresa Kline said...

this is so sweet, I need to get working on my creation, thanks for the inspiration.....have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

Sarah Anderson said...

What a great idea :)

And love the images on your blog banner! Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda! This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Stunning. I think the laced ribbon is amazing on this card! Fabulous my friend! I have left an award for you on my blog, second post down on Saturday (today). Big hugs
Blessings,
Kim xXx

*Alison* said...

I love the ribbon.. it added just the right touch.. :)Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe.. :) HUGS

Hearts Turned said...

So very pretty! Love the shadowbox effect--so glad you could play along with us at The Cafe' this week!

Lydia said...

such a pretty ornament, and I love the background paper on your blog, I have the old rudolf book with the same images. A warm and fuzzy feeling. Thanks

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...