Saturday, January 2, 2010

Around the House - Wrapping Paper

I hope you all are having a good weekend! Today the high is supposed to be 0 degrees here in our neck of the woods. The windchill is going to be 10 to 20 degrees BELOW zero. BRRRRR!!!! I have to work this afternoon, but Jerry is heading out to ice fish. What a crazy man I married!!

On to my project. Everything But the Kitchen Sink wanted us to use wrapping paper this week in our artwork. I used this lovely handmade paper from Nepal that I purchased at the Paper Source. We have a store in Uptown Minneapolis that I frequent, but you can also purchase from them online.

Anyway, I covered an empty Starbuck's mocha powder tin. SO easy!! Very little embellishment - ribbons from the Paper Source, and a MM charm. I intend to leave it "bare" like this until I use it as a gift. I won't want to put much on it, though, as the paper must be the highlight. Maybe just a tag with the intention or the recipient's name. And I think I'll take it into a store to find a matching Prima flower.

You just never know what you might come up with with all those empty canisters around your house!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful and so unique.

Linda said...

This is very pretty Brenda!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! TFS!

Karen B. said...

Wow I wouldn't want to cover up that wrapping paper either, it is so beautiful and a very nice application.

Unknown said...

Hey ladybug, stay warm and keep warm...Jerry will be snuggling when he is home from ice fishng!
Love this canister! I think that paper is exqusite! I would not want another thing on it, unless it is a flower. Just stunning girly!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lynnette said...

Gorgeous! I love what you did with the challenge!

JoLynn said...

Great idea!!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty and a great idea! Thanks for playing along with us!

Winter said...

So pretty and what a great idea! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Ann said...

Fantastic idea! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This so pretty! That paper is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge!

~kelly marie~ said...

So beautiful and clever! Love it! Thanks for playing along with ebtks!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...