Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do Something Creative Everyday

I have been very busy the last week or two. It has been a couple of days since I've been in my craft room, and I've really missed it. You know we paper crafters need those regular doses of "paper therapy" to keep us sane!!

We are having a scrapbook and stamp donation drive for charity at work, so I spent time going through my things and saying goodbye to many items I just don't need to hang on to. The donations from our store are going to a shelter for domestically abused women, and I can't think of a better place. When I was in my early 20's, I was married for 3 years to a man that physically, emotionally, and verbally abused me. I am so grateful that God never took His hands from me, helped me free myself of that situation, and then later saw fit to give me Jerry and Shane. I know firsthand that working with paper, scissors, stamps, and colors brings healing within us. I firmly believe that even if we think we can't create, that voice inside of us will not be still until we do. Every woman is an artist!

After I was done, I sat down to create this card front to hang on my bulletin board. No matter how busy it gets, I want to remember to create every day. I picked up this Crystal Kluge stamp at the Paper Source, and all the other supplies are from CTMH.

I hope you all are having a great weekend. I teach a big class Valentine's Day class tomorrow at work - 17 people! Afterwards, it's football time here in Minnesota. Be sure to be cheering on Brett Favre and the Vikings!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious! I love the dimensional elements and the whole layout of this card! I didn't know you were married before. What a hard thing to go through. I am so glad you found Jerry! And, what a blessing that you added Shane as well.

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful inspiration to post. You are so wise and generous to share with all of us. I know I am slowly getting myself back and have learned to let my creativity come what ever way it comes out. I am so glad I have met you in my creative journey
Blessings sweetie!

Unknown said...

Oh, hoeny, I agree with the therapy! This is a great way to say goodbye to unused supplies.
have fun at your big class, you'll have to show us a sample of the card! I know it is gorgeous! I'm cheering for Favre today too! I just know the Super Bowl will have the two best qbs in the league, he and Manning! Then I'll be a happy girl, I love em both!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Oh ya, paper therapy is a must! Love your card and am so happy that you found Jerry!

Scrappin With Tammy said...

Brenda,
Continued hugs to you and all that you have been through. I know first hand that our "paper therapy" really works. It has helped me through some truly awful times!

As for your Vikings, that part I don't think I can help you out with :) Well, it would be ok, but I want them to be playing against the Jets in the Superbowl. We personally know one of the Jets players (from a very small town near us here in WI).

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...