Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sharing a Couple of Cards

I have been having just a wonderful time in my craft room this afternoon! It's been so snowy the last couple of days, but today the sun is shining warm and brightly here. So nice to have the blinds up and be nourished with all that natural light!

The first card I made today is for the Bo Bunny card challenge. I used Flutter Butter paper alogn with vellum. The flower is Bazzill, the ribbon and stamp are CTMH, and the rest of the embellishments are from my stash.



This second card was so much fun to make because the combination of colors and elements are way out of my comfort zone. I am not used to using such a bright blue and then a jade green together. Also this is the first robot I've ever used on a project. This will fit into two challenges - the Play Date Cafe color challenge and OCC Sketch Blog challenge.
Items used to make this card are Bazzill Carbo Cream CS, Paper Company Jade Metallic, CTMH Moonstruck and Black CS, Just Chillin' Slice card, Hero Arts stamp set, and random ribbon and gems.








10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are seeing the sunshine! Maybe that means it will make an appearance here soon! Try about 8 inches last night and today....still pouring.
Love the beautiful colors and that yummy flower on the first card. So cute to put the safety pin in it. I have a ton of them and never use them. Now I'm inspired!
I adore your Play Date card! I love the blue and green togehter. Such a fun card!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Rose said...

lol how many fingers are you!! super cute card :)

thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Jaime Benavides said...

I just love your cards Brenda! Thanks for sharing...the "How many fingers are you" is adorable and gave me a chuckle. ENjoy the rest of your week, Hun!

Rose said...

This is a really cute card! I love the sentiment! Clever! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

Unknown said...

LOVE your take on the first sketch. The color combo is great, too!

Dawnll said...

Oh how fun sweetie! I am so amazed when you say you stepped out of your comfort zone. I just think you always do such a wonderful job.
Glad the sun is shining somewhere, I could use a few days of lots. instead of this snow.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute cards Brenda, LOVE the pretty flower embellishment and the fun robot design!

Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Laurel said...

Oh how cute! Love your take on the OCC sketch, such a cute robot. thanks for playing.

Jamie Harder said...

LOVE the card for the bo bunny sketch!! The vellum looks awesome! And what a cute robot on your second card:-)

Gloria Stengel said...

Great cards. Love the stamp set you used for the robot card. It's one of my new favs. Thanks for playing at OCC!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...