Monday, February 8, 2010

Brad Challenge

There is a challenge this week over at Practical Scrappers that is just too fun to pass up. I did a card and a layout for this challenge, but you may see more. I just love what can be done with brads!

For this card, I used Basic Grey Wisteria papers. The stamp is Inkadinkado, the sparkles are CTMH, and the ribbon is from Wal-Mart (after Christmas sale and the rolls were $0.13!). The pattern is from CTMH's Wishes how-to book, and it's called Stay Left.

Now let me tell you about the Bazzill and CTMH flowers. What I've done is distressed them both with a Ranger Gold paint dabber. The silver brad was painted with a Ranger Eggplant paint dabber. Once I put the flowers together with the brad, then I added a bit of Dusty Concord distress stickles. Great way to make a flower or two vintage!

In this layout, I've used all CTMH products - Indian Corn Blue CS, Free Spirit Level 2 paper, Autumn Daisy flowers, Legendary Moments stamp set. letter dimensional elements, and autumn terracotta brads.
In order to give the letters this look, I sponged them with Autumn Terracotta ink. Then I stamped them with an image from the Legendary Moments stamp set. In all, I used 43 brads on this page! This is one of my favorite pages. First of all, I love Shane's adorable face. This picture was taken almost 3 years ago at his graduation party. The paper is perfect as well.

9 comments:

Pink Heather said...

Gorgeous card!

Jayma Malme said...

Great projects! Love the bling in the card...and great use of brads and masculine colors in the LO. Thanks for participating at Practical Scrappers!
Jayma

Unknown said...

Both the card and the layout are fabulous. I LOVE the deep purple and olives of the flower together! So rich.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

These are wonderful, I just love using brads for flower centers! Thank you for playing with us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

OOOOOOO, I love what you did with your flowers on the card. That is such a statement! Thanks for the tip! Love it!!!! and those papers are so very yum!
Your layout is perfect! I love the stamping on there! Way to go with the brads! Thanks for playing with us this week at Practical Scrappers! You rocked this challenge, for sure!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Fern said...

Beautiful card and layout!! Love the colors you used on the card, and the sentiment and photo on the layout or fantastic... Thanks for playing along with us over at Practical Scrappers...

Susan said...

These are both wonderful projects! The card is stunning, and the LO is just plain fun.

di said...

Oh my! So, so beautiful!!!! You did an awesome job using brads! Wow! Thanks so much for playing a long with us at Practical Scrappers!

Nadya 's World!!! said...

What a beautiful card!!!! I love how you did the flower! So beautiful!!! :) Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers this week!! :)
Nadya

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...