Monday, February 15, 2010

Veranda Paper & Different Flowers

I started working with Veranda paper today (CTMH), and I just couldn't put it away! This is such lovely and versatile paper that I can't get enough of it! So instead of dividing these cards into 3 posts, I wanted to share them all here. As you read along, I'll tell you what challenges they are, too, so that you can check out these awesome blogs!

This first card is the sketch for Inspirational Sketches. They come up with such wonderful ideas, and this was no exception. The ribbon, pearls, and waxy flax are CTMH. The flower is Bazzill, the pin is Making Memories, and the stamp is Hero Arts. Because I've used a flower, this also qualifies for the Practical Scrappers challenge.



The second card is a sketch from Everything But the Kitchen Sink. All products used are CTMH. What a great sketch! I can see myself using this one over and over.





This last card is for the OCC Sketch Blog. I took a little creative liberty in what I used for the element on the left. I wanted to take out my Playful Petals stamp set (CTMH) and make a flower. Because I don't mind fussy cutting, I think this is rather fun once in awhile! The stamp set is Hero Arts, and the ribbon and button are random. Because I've used another flower, this also qualifies for the Practical Scrappers challenge.
I have been busy crafting today! I have much to do tomorrow, and then I work full days all through Saturday. So I wanted to be sure and give you a few things to look through. If you haven't seen it, scroll down for the layout of Jerry I posted this morning.
Happy Monday everybody!!

17 comments:

Barb Sampson said...

Very pretty cards!
Thanks for sharing with us on Practical Scrappers!
Barb S, DT member

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Rose said...

well i can see why you couldn't put this paper away! they are all beautiful :)
thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness this paper and cards are just beautiful. I have been thinking about ordering that myself, I think you convinced me sweetie with those wonderful cards.

Laurel said...

Wow these are absolutely gorgeous! thanks for playing at OCC.

Kelley Eubanks said...

All of your cards are great! Thanks so much for playing along with the EBTKS challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow great cards! Thanks for playing along over at EBTKS!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Wow - such beautiful cards! I love your big flowers! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, love all of your designs, what beautiful papers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OCC this week!

Laural-Lee said...

You have a knack for such elegant papers. All are beautiful!

Unknown said...

OMG, where do I begin, my friend? Fist, I agree, this paper is just stunning! I adore all three cards! Love the hat pin in the big bloom on the first one, along with the sentiment. The sketch is so wonderful and your worked the papers just perfectly on the second, and I LOVE the way you did the flower on the third!!!!!! I so appreciate you playing with us again at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lynnette said...

You've been busy! Great cards!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Brenda, each of them are SO elegant and I just LOVE the stunning dp you used!

Thanks for playing along with the OCC Sketch Challenge.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Erin Morehouse said...

BEAUTIFUL cards!
Thanks for sharing with us at Practical scrappers.

Winter said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Ann said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge! :D

Karen said...

Such pretty cards! :> I just love that paper!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...