Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cards, Cards, Cards (and then a few more cards!)

I told you yesterday that I would have some work to show you.  So I am going to show you the fruits of my labor today.  I made 8 of each of the next cards that I am showing you this morning.  I have the card swap at work, Mother's Day bags to fill, and Operation Write Home cards to send.  Cards never go to waste in my house!!
First I'll show you a couple of challenges that I did.  The first is for Stretch N' Bubbles.  I was so blessed to win free images from them last week!  What a fun thing to open my e-mail and find such cute images.  It was hard to pick one to go along with this week's sketch!

This is the little mouse image.  I thought it would make a nice card for a soldier to send home.  I used Basic Grey Kioshi and CTMH's TLC stamp set.  I am still so new to coloring, but it's really fun to use all the different mediums to give it a go.  (Kim, I know you are out there - are you surprised?!)

The next card is a sketch from Card Patterns:

I used American Crafts I Do paper with CTMH's Soulmate stamps set.  The flower is from the bridal section at Michael's and the ribbon is Little Yellow Bicycle.

The next card is Graphic 45 paper and a retired CTMH stamp set and is for the card swap at work:

The following cards are very simple.  You know what is funny to me is that my husband likes these cards the best of all the cards I made yesterday.  I guess there is something to be said for clean and simple with a good stamp!
(stamps for this and the next card are SU! and Inkadinkado)


(stamps - Unity and SU!)

(Unity stamps)

Well, I think it's time to switch over to some altered items and pages.  I can't say there won't be a card or two mixed in, but I think I'd like to finish some albums I've been working on.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring day!  The birds are singing like crazy here, both my furry pets are snoring right now, and life is good.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Wow...what a GORGEOUS bunch of cards. I love them all but since I specifically came over here to check out your SNB Sketch card I feel like I should comment more on that one! I LOVE the combination of papers that you used and you colored that image FABULOUSLY! Thanks for joining in our challenge again and congrats on winning the free images last week!
Lori

Laurel said...

Wow! fantastic cards here! love them all!

*Alison* said...

WOW.. you have been sooooo busy!! All your creations are beautiful..You colored your little mouse image so perfectly.. and I Love the paper choice too..I can't wait to see what you create next week..so much fun!!! thanks for playing with us at the Stretch N' Bubbles Sketch Challenge.. HUGS

Alison
SNB Owner

whoistracy said...

What sweet cards Brenda! So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week.

dstandard said...

What a gorgeous group of cards! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Erika said...

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Brenda,
These are some of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen!!!! I LOVE them all, the houndstooth is fab, love the cherries, the FAITH is one that really is touching me at the moment! My fave is the Tomorrow is a new day! LOVE, love, LOVE that card! I wish I were there with you scrappping!
Blessings,
Kim xXX
Enjoy the beautiful weather and the fur babies!

Unknown said...

ALL are beautiful but I think the simple "Faith" card might be my fave.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...