Monday, May 3, 2010

Rusted Sun Layout

I have been trying to finish this layout so that I could share it with you.  It has been sitting on my desk for 3 days, but I have just been so busy!!  I hope you all had a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day weekend.  I had a blast at work teaching a free make and take.  It's always so much fun to introduce new products to people!!

For this layout, I used Rusted Sun paper, ribbon, and brads from Fancy Pants.  The letters are from Making Memories.  "21" and the sun where cut with my Fall Slice card.  This was such a fun evening with Shane, and I wanted to be sure to scrapbook it with with warm, bold colors.  As you probably have been able to tell, I am a simple scrapbooker adding just enough. I like when the picture and journaling are the focal point of a layout.

4 comments:

Patti said...

I love it, Brenda! The colors are beautiful and such a nice picture! I'm glad you all had fun! They grow so fast!

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda,
I adore this one! Those papers are perfect for your photo. The yellow pom pom ribbon is to die for on here! Those papers are scrummy too! I've been super busy and missed that last post. Boy you are back in machine mode again. That little furry critter layout is precious and so is the altered project with the incredible roses.
Big hugs, my friend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

OH, I love it! The colors are so rich and beautiful.

Scrappin With Tammy said...

Love, love, love this layout! I like all your stuff, but sometimes something just screams at my...like this one! Keep up the great work!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...