Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baby Robin - Sketches in Thyme

There is a new sketch over at Sketches in Thyme today!  Even though it's not my turn to show you an example this week, I wanted to share a layout to remind you of the challenge.  Head on over and give it a try!

Here is the sketch this week from Scrapiopath along with my take on it:



As you can see, I flipped the sketch and kept straight lines.  But it's recognizable all the same.  Just a little note from me - always feel comfortable doing what you want with a sketch.  These are your legacy pages, so you have to like the finished work!!  Anyway, we have had a lot of fun nature in our yard this spring and early summer, so I wanted to capture some of that for this year's scrapbook.  These are pictures of one of the baby robins I was telling you about in an earlier post.  By this time, the mama robin had left and the new bird was sitting in the shrub.  It's hard to test your wings alone and fly!

Items used:  Basic Grey Origins; CTMH black cardstock, bitty sparkles, sticker and paper butterflies; Elle's Studio tag; Mark Richard black gems; American Crafts Thickers; Bazzill flowers; random ribbon

9 comments:

Irena said...

This page is great, the colors of the papers are wonderful. Lovely details.

Unknown said...

Brenda,
First, thanks for all of your love and prayers.
Then thanks for doing this layout to remind eveyone! This is gorgeous! I am reminded that I need to be scrapping all the things I love too, that are found in my yard. Your take on the sketch is beautiful!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Pat said...

Brenda this is gorgeous!! Love the colors!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is gorgeous! Love the nature shots and how you used the layout to make them so pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

Dawnll said...

How wonderful, I also need to remember to appreciate all the things around me.
You always are such an inspiration ...and full of great ideas.
Love your use of the sketch for sure.

Laurel said...

Wow, that paper is gorgeous with those pictures!

Debbie said...

Great take on the sketch. Love those pictures! I enjoy looking at nature layouts and lucky you have those wonderful photos!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Omigosh! This is so gorgeous .. I canm't stop looking at it! Love the BG origins paper and that divine ribbon you used. This is prompting me to look and see if I have any of my Origins collection left and do something with it! Fab job!

Fern said...

Gorgeous layout, Brenda!! The photos, the black lace and the ribbon... it's all beautiful!! And I totally agree with you about using sketches... I love to use them, but just as a jump start!! You did a wonderful job with this one!! Have a wonderful evening!!! Hugs!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...