Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tomorrow is a New Day

This my second post for today so be sure to scroll down and look at the Sketches in Thyme sketch!

I saw that the challenge at StuckOnU Sketches has to do with embossing.  I am always ready to emboss, so I thought I'd give it a try!

In order to achieve this mixed look, I stamped this lovely Hero Arts stamp in Versamark.  Versamark allows a little time, so first I sprinkled CTMH Olive embossing powder where I wanted it.  Then I did the same with CTMH buttercup.  Once you put one embossing powder on the image, it will not pick up another color.  This technique is form Stampendous, and is called painting with powder.  I wanted some resist in the background, so I rubbed over the whole image with Wild Honey distress ink.  The phrase is from Unity, and I also embossed that in CTMH Olive.  Now if I had thought twice, I would have put a Father's Day sentiment on the card.  Evne though this has a flower on it, the colors are lovely for a masculine card.

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

What a great procedure, and I also like the color combo. I still think the sentiment fits the card.

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great card! I don't do much stamping or embossing (other than Cuttlebug) so Im impressed! Thanks for joining in with this gorgeous card at SOUS!

Unknown said...

the colors are very masculine and men love flowers....at least mine does. I will have to try this embossing technique, it really looks wonderful on this card!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Gorgeous colors, gorgeous card!

Debbie said...

Love the embossing on this card! The visual effect is gorgeous!

Irena said...

This card is just stunning.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...