Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happiness Is...

I hope you all are having a fabulous Saturday.  It looks and feels like we have rain in store for the afternoon.  We went to the Farmer's Market this morning.  It was so busy, but it was so much fun.  It isn't far from Shane's house, so we picked him up and had a great family outing!  I'll share a couple pictures at the end of the post. 

I always look, but I have never worked with Kazan's sketches over at 2Sketches4You.  This one was very basic, and I thought that was great.  You could go clean and simple or embellish like crazy.

I chose to go down the middle of the road with some of my Bo Bunny Paradise scraps.

What a great card to send to someone going vacationing on the ocean!  This is such pretty, warm paper.

Okay, a couple of pictures from the market this morning.  In this first one, Shane is picking out some annuals to plant in his yard.  Gracious, I wish I had waited - the prices at the market were great!


Take a look at this hibiscus!  That is Shane's hand next to it so that you can imagine the size.  Holy cow!  I didn't ask, but I am thinking these are the perennial hibiscus that would work well in MN climate.


We had to cancel a camping trip this weekend for a couple different reasons, so it was nice to get out this morning before the rain to do something fun!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Dawnll said...

Great colors for this card, I think you did a great job with that sketch.
Glad you got to spend some time with Shane and your hubby.
Have a relaxing weekend.

D said...

Gorgeous card. The colors are absolutely perfect!!! Love it :)

Sylvia said...

I love your colors and the design you used with Kazan's sketch! Your pictures are wonderful as well!

Ginny Larsen said...

awesome card... i love those colors too! great take on the sketch.

and that hibiscus!!! WOW! is all i can say :D

Unknown said...

beautifully made - thanks for sharing & Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:)Kazan

Jamie Harder said...

Gorgeous!!! Such beautiful colors!!!!

Irena said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colors.

cnelson said...

very pretty!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...