Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Marriage of a Family

I have a new sketch challenge going on over at Sketches4All.  I created a sketch for this challenge, and I'd love for you to play!

(Those pathetic looking circles are buttons or any other embellishment.  I never claimed to be able to draw - LOL!)  Here is what I came up as an example:

We celebrate our 20th anniversary at the end of the month, and these are pictures from our wedding day.  They are such precious pictures to me - and Shane was absolutely the cutest!  Jerry's mom made him the little tux to wear, and I am just thrilled to have that in his memory box.  Even though I have ong since finished our wedding album, I always knew that I would want to scrap some of the pictures again as we reached "milestone" anniversaries.

I hope you will come over and play!  I give a great prize away with every challenge!!

This layout also fits the challenge over at Adornit.  July's requirement is to use a button, paper as ribbon, and hand written journaling.  I used the Adornit July kit to complete this.  Isn't it just beautiful paper?!  I love the font of the alpha - very pretty!  The ribbon under the picture of Jerry and Shane is my folded paper ribbon.

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

This is so beautiful Brenda...Look how lovely you were in your wedding dress. I always love to look at brides.
Hope to play along with your challenge.

Irena said...

Gorgeous layout Brenda. Your photos are so beautiful.

Dorcas said...

I LOVE your sketch Brenda and you page is beautiful. :-)

Debbie said...

Thanks for your challenge layout, and I especially love the sketch. What a fun idea - I'm going to have to use it myself because having a sketch makes creating a page lots easier. And I do struggle lol. Debbie Raymond, Adornit editor

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...