Saturday, July 24, 2010

Timeless

I created this simple layout of my Dad using Graphic 45 paper.  He really loved baseball (well, all sports) when he was alive, and I am glad that I have a picture of his baseball stance.  When I see pictures of my sister's kids playing baseball, I notice their baseball stance first of all!  Isn't that funny - Dad taught me well how to play baseball!


This paper is jsut gorgeous, and I want to make sure that I only used one pictures so that I could keep the beauty of the watches.  I've double matted the photo.  The large watch was on the paper under the picture, so I cut that out and popped it up.  I didn't feel like this layout needed a lot of "stuff."  To me and my sisters, the picture speaks volumes.

8 comments:

Laurel said...

WOW, amazing layout, that paper is perfect!

Debbie said...

Great layout Brenda! Love the picture of your dad. The paper is perfect and I love how the tones in it go so well with your layout!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. This might be my new favorite thing you have ever made. Breath-taking!

Fern said...

I think this is perfect just the way you did it!! The watches, the G45 paper and the photo corners are all just perfect!! What a treasure you have created here, Brenda!!! I love it!! Hugs!!!

Karen Jiles Designs said...

Oh Brenda, this layout is awesome. Wonderful paper selection for this photo!

Unknown said...

Aw, such a loving tribute to your Daddy! I love the photo and it speaks volumes to me, as well, there is no love quite like that of daughter for her Daddy! The watches are amazing! I love the way you double matted the photo too!
This is "timeless" in itself.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Patti said...

Yes, he taught you so well that I seem to remember a certain sister of mine that holds the record for homeruns in Toivola! I was in awe of this layout-it's meaning to me is beyond words.

Irena said...

Gorgeous card.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...