Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cards, Banners, a Recipe, and Some News!

I should warn you that this is one of my longer posts!  And for the Sketches in Thyme reveal, scroll on down to the next post - it's fun sketch and I've used Bo Bunny Jazmyne.

Okay, I got carried away with banners yesterday.  I bought the new Hero Arts banner stamp, and I just love it!  It's so cute.  I think all you banner-lovers will agree!

My first card is for the weekly challenge at Let's Scrap.  I love the card sketch:

Along with the stamp, I have used: CTMH paper, button, swirl clip, and flowers; Chocolate Zing embossing powder; Think Pink Slice card


My next card is for the July 14th Sassy Lil' Sketches challenge. (Side note: My first design reveal for SLS will be on August 21!) At first when I saw the sketch, I didn't know what to do with it, so it took me some time to come up with a card.  It's a great sketch, and it challenged me (you know I love that!).

However, when I pulled out my Bo Bunny Peacock Lane paper, it all came together for me.  I also used a little May Arts ribbon, a Unity sentiment, and that lovely Hero Arts banner stamp.

Th third card is for two challenges over at Sketches 4 All.  Dannette had a card sketch challenge and Stacy wanted us to use monochromatic blues and bling. 

For this card I used: Hero Arts banner stamp; Unity sentiment and flower stamps; CTMH White Daisy and Dutch Blue Textured CS (one side of the Dutch Blue is a matching light blue - one of the reasons I love CTMH's textured paper!) and Dutch Blue and white embossing powder; May Arts ribbon; Little Yellow Bicycle gems

All right, my last card is for the Heart2Heart challenges.  I just love the challenges that these ladies present, and you know that I still have a big heart for CTMH!  The challenge this week is to incorporate a recipe.  Easy!  People are always asking me for this recipe, so I made a card to have on hand.  For this card I used all CTMH.

Quiche:

Foolproof Crust - 1/2 c. butter; 1 c. flour; 1/4 tsp salt

Mix these ingredients and pat into a 9" pie plate.  Prick generously and bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.  Remove from oven and turn heat down to 375 degrees.

Filling - 1 c. shredded swiss; 4 eggs; 1-1/2 c. milk
Variations: green onion; mushrooms;  green pepper; spinach; broccoli; bacon; shrimp; sausage, crab

Spread cheese and one or two variations into the crust.  Lightly beat eggs and milk.  Pour into shell over other ingredients.  bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until set.  Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

(This is our traditional Christmas brunch.  My husband and son love it!  It is also good cold, so if you make it early, it will still be awesome!)

OK, we made it through the cards, banners, and recipe.  Now I have some news!! I have been chosen to be on the Let's Scrap Design Team!  I am so excited to be working on this fabulous community!  If you haven't been there yet, be sure to stop by.  Everyone is so incredible and the challenges are so much fun!!  You'll start seeing my work there the very first week of August.  Yippee!!

13 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

WOW...you have been on a creative ROLL!! Love the cards...those banners rock!! CONGRATS on the new design team!!!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with H2H! And congrats on your new endeavor! Have fun with it!

Dawnll said...

Congratulations My Friend...it couldn't happen to a nicer person. I swear you are on fire with the design teams.
Love to see your creations , and you didn't disappoint at all. I think I love that banner, how fun.

Pat said...

Congrats!!! Love that banner stamp, your cards & recipe are very cool!

Katy said...

I just LOVE quiche but am not good at home-made crusts...have you ever tried it with a(***GASP***) store-bought one? Thanks for playing along!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards and I love, love, LOVE the banners. THat stamp is great, I must get it!!!!All your cards are simply fabulous!!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

OMG, I forgot to say congrats on making the Let's Scrap DT!!!!! WAy to go, you soooooo deserve it!!!!!

Laurel said...

Fabulous stuff today, love the banner! and CONGRATS to you so well deserved!

Mary said...

Congrats! and thatnks for sharing that great recipe! Thank you for playing along with H2H!

Katie said...

wonderful collection of cards, brenda! congratulations of the new DT!!!

Cherie said...

What a great group of cards!!! Love that the card just fell together for you after you pulled the papers! Congrats on being a part of the new DT! We're excited to have you!

Unknown said...

Love 'em all! You've been busy, my friend!

Irena said...

Just adorable cards.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...