Friday, August 27, 2010

Cards for Friday

I haven't made cards in awhile, so last night when I was watching a movie, I put a couple together.  I haven't look to see if they will fit in any challenges (where does the time go?), so it was purely for the fun of it!


Cute paper, huh?  I bet there are lots of moms out there that wish school supplies were still this inexpensive!!  I used October Afternoon Report Card paper for this card. "AEIOU" is cut from a piece of paper and the card is a matching element.  Everything else is CTMH.


I have been wanting to make a card with this stamp set for a long time.  Both the spools and the sentiment are from Unity.  I fussy cut the spools and wrapped black hemp around them.  The kraft paper is Bazzill, and the printed paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Material girl.  I punched the bottom of the kraft piece with the Fiskars threading water punch.  Oh! I just realized this one could go into the Let's Scrap August challenge using Cosmo Cricket. 

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend.  It's State Fair time here in Minnesota.  Jerry and I will be going next week - such a fun place to go!!

14 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

These are so super cool. I love them. Love how you added the thread to the spools. So creative.
Hugs
Tanya

Laurel said...

Oh I love them! Can't go wrong with October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket.

Kathy said...

Adorable cards, Brenda!!!

Dawnll said...

These are wonderful cards, love the fussy cut and hemp on there.
I need to make some cards also, little behind on that.
Have a great time at the fair, stay away from the chocolate covered bacon...lol

Kelly Massman said...

Both are really cute!

jennyplace2 said...

WOW! Both card are wonderful, how much of the movie did you see? Great job.

Pat said...

These are both cute!!

Debbie said...

Oh gosh Brenda I love these cards. The school themed one is so cute - love vowels at the top. Love the second one - how cute with the thread on the spools!

Betty Anne said...

I love both your cards Brenda, they are so cute. Have a great time at the fair.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I love the school paper! It is so cute!

Jamie Harder said...

WOW...I totally love them both!!!! that spool knocks my socks off..so creative!!

Unknown said...

Both are awesome! That school one is stinkin' cute, my friend!

BabyBokChoy said...

Your cards are so elegant and have a wonderfully clean cut design to them, love love these!

becca said...

oooh LOVE your cards!! awesome!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...