Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Challenge at Sketches in Thyme, Sharing Our Anniversary Dinner, and Some News!

First I want to tell you about the new challenge over at Sketches in Thyme.  Be sure to hop over and give the sketch a try.  It's another good one from Helen Croft at Scrap a Little Sketches:

Okay, now I have to tell you about our anniversary dinner last night.  We went to the restaurant where Shane works - Chino Latino.  He didn't work last night, so he was able to come with us - prefect!  I don't think I would have know what to order.  Oh, but I have to tell you something fun.  When you make reservations for a celebration, they print menus that say "Happy 20th Anniversary."  (or whatever you are celebrating)  Is that fun or what?!  So anyway, Shane put in the order with our server and let us be surprised.  Here's what we had:
Sushi - Shrimp Caterpillar with Mango


Saigon Rolls - you eat these wrapped in large lettuce leaves


Squid with onions, red and jalepeno peppers


Jerk Chicken with plantains (I've never had plantains - they were crisp and yummy!)


And for dessert...Mango Cake (isn't that candle great?!)


Jerry's Chocolate Volcano Cup with Kahlua whipped cream


Everything is served family style, so we didn't really eat as much as it looks like!  And we brought 3 boxes of food home!  It was definitely a fun meal, great atmosphere, and we had a blast!!

Oh, here's what Jerry brought me for our anniversary.  He is really a sweetheart, and I was very surprised!

Now on to some news!  If you've been reading for a time, you know that I work at Archiver's as an instructor.  Yesterday I accepted a position near our home as a nursing assistant.  Something you may not know is that I worked as nursing assistant and medication administrator for 14 years.  I even went to nursing school for a time.  But Shane was toddler age, and I just felt like I needed more time to devote to him.  So I left health care and just did a lot of other things over the past 18 years.  I am very excited about this new job!!  It is a beautiful campus, and I know I am going to love everyone I come across!  One of the HUGE positives is I'll be able to start teaching in my home again.  I am really looking forward to that!!  I loved the ability to design and create my own classes. 

Well, that's enough chatting for me!  There will be some more artwork coming!  Click on the links on the top of my blog to get to the post about my blog candy and Sassy Lil Sketches blog hop.  Then hop over to Sketches in Thyme and create a page with the sketch.  I'd love to see what you put together!!

13 comments:

Rufus said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats! Dinner looks yummy and the new job sounds like a great opportunity.
R/

Wendy said...

Congrats on the job and the anniversary! What a fun night! The volcano cup looks amazing!

Kelly Massman said...

Looks yummy!
Congrats on the new job! Oh, to be an instructor at Archivers--that seems like it would be fun! Our closest one is a 2 hour drive...
Good luck!

Dawnll said...

Congratulations on the job!!! I am so proud of you, and can imagine you working in that field, doesn't surprise me at all.
So glad you had such a great anniversary dinner, I would have been in heaven, glad Shane could join you and order. What a festive and fun place to work.
I am just so happy for you

Laurel said...

Yum! Congrats on the job!

bakscrap said...

Looks like a wonderful evening of fun. My family went to the restaurant where my son works to celebrate my bithday last night. That was a fun treat. We didn't eat anything as exotic as you did though. the place is called "Bud's Bar" so you can imagine the menu. My youngest wanted to know why there wasn't any fighting. Guess he's been watching too much TV with his dad. No bar brawls thank goodness.
What kind of classes do you teach at home? I am always being asked by my friends to have workshops, basically so that they can copy my layouts. And I do mean COPY! When I know I am working on a lyout from a shared activity I find myself struggling to use products that I can get more of in case I am asked to "teach" it to others. Any words of wisdom?

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary and congrats on the new job? Does this mean you are coming back and actively working as a CTMH Consultant? I hope so!

Unknown said...

PS-That ? was supposed to be a ! in my last comment. ;)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Congratulations!

Pat said...

Happy anniversary! The food looks wonderful! Good luck on your new job!

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversary Brenda! The food looks great and it looks as though you had a memorable evening. Good luck on the new job! I'm sure will will touch everyone's hearts!

Kathy said...

He's a keeper!! Happy belated anniversary!!

Amy Hervey said...

Brenda-- Congratulations on your new job! What do you mean by teaching from home and designing your own classes? Are you re-joining CTMH or are you teaching nursing classes from home?

P.S. I have to say that I'm not sure I could've eaten anything at Shane's restaurant! :) I'm a plain ole' American food girl I guess.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...