Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Let's Scrap Reveal Day!

I want to show you an awesome sketch from Let's Scrap!  It's a brand new week, and it's time to play along!  The sponsor this week is Paper Threads - what a huge online store!!

Can you believe this sketch?  It could potentially hold 26 - 30 photos!  I wish I had seen this sketch when I had done some vacation layouts!!  However, if this sketch frightens you, I wanted to show you another way to use it.

I have used just the left layout and flipped it to suit my needs.  Instead of photos, I have used double matted pieces of the beautiful paper.  I fussy cut those ornaments from a sheet of paper and tucked them behind the photo.  This picture is special to me because it is the last picture I have of my whole family getting together.  It was a poor quality picture in the first place, but when I blew it up, it was even worse.  In this partcular case, I don't even care.  I know if I showed my mother this page, she would love it.

Items used: Fancy Pants paper and tag; Basic Grey Wassail stickers, Wal-Mart ribbon

One more thing - today is our 20th Anniversary!  Who knew that 20 years could go so fast - or be so wonderful!  We have truly loved being married to each other, and if possible, I think we are happier today than we've ever been!!  Tonight we are going out to dinner and taking Shane with us.  What a wonderful anniversary celebration it will be!!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Love your take on the sketch!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the papers you used and what a great photo!

Dawnll said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Jerry!How wonderful and hope you celebrate in a very special way.

Your layout is fabulous and I love the yummy paper.

Khristen said...

Happy anniversary :)

Love that sketch, as I am approaching a birthday in one of the kids' albums. I'll have to use it to maximize how many photos I can get on there! Great take by the way...love that you flipped it! Looks great!

Pat said...

Great sketch & I love your holiday LO!

Betty Anne said...

Loved you take on the sketch, great job.
Happy 20th anniversary, have a great time when you go out.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful page...

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...