Sunday, September 12, 2010

Better Living through Scrapbooking Reveal Day!

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge!!  Be sure to take a look at the prizes for this month on my right sidebar.  WOWIE - there are some good ones!!  I LOVE designing for this challenge blog.  I am challenged every week, and that is just incredible.  If you've been scrapping for a long time like I have, it's good to learn to streeeeeetch!!  So without further ado, here is the challenge this week at BLTS!


Quite the fashion disaster, don’t you think?! My husband laughed and laughed when I brought out this picture! Okay, now I think it’s quite the look, but back in 1982, it was really a good look! That BIG hair, BIG glasses, BIG faux fur coat, silver metallic dress. Really, what on earth was I thinking?! Stop laughing!!  It's time to get on to the challenge…


“Fashion disaster challenge”

Create a layout about a fashion disaster, hair disaster, or social faux pas that happened to you. I've highlighted the options that I used:

1. Use an old school photo of yourself on your layout.

2. Use fabric or canvas on your page(s). I used twill fabric as a mat on my layout. It’s kind of fun to use because you can pull the threads on the sides. After I did that, I distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink. In fact, all the paper is edge distressed and then age with Vintage Photo. I’ve also added a felt vine to my page.

3. Use one larger and two smaller photo on your page.

4. Use ribbon in a fun and/or unusual way on your page. There are so many great things to do with ribbon! it is not very original to put a piece across the layout as I’ve done, BUT I’ve knotted the same ribbon and used it as flower centers. The little butterfly was fussy cut from the paper behind the picture, and I covered it with glossy accents to give it a glass look.

5. Use the following as a page title, or the beginning of your journaling: “Quick, Call the Fashion Police!” Well, really what else can you say? I needed the fashion police and they were nowhere to be found that day! I printed this on vellum and aged the edges.

Items used: Cream Vellum and French Vanilla Bazzill flowers (Discount Cardstock); Le’Romantique and Fashionista paper (Graphic 45); Crocheted Ribbon (American Crafts); Felt Vine (Prima); Vintage Clip (Close To My Heart); Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Edge Distresser and Glossy Accents (Ranger)

10 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is amazing. Look at that paper! WOW.
Hugs
Tanya

Laurel said...

Wow, this is stunning, love all the flowers!

Unknown said...

Well, I think you look absolutely ADORABLE in that photograph (and I mean, you were the height of fashion for that time... I know!) :-) At least you weren't wearing the hideous outfit I wore in my layout! LOL. Seriously though, I love your layout...great use of the sponsor papers too! Fabulous!

Linda said...

I could pull out pictures that would look absolutely the same - love the layout!

Dawnll said...

This is a great picture sweetie!
I knew I would enjoy your choice, at least I understand because we are in the same age group.
Love all the great products you used and the distressing.

Irena said...

Gorgeous layout.

Stacy H-W said...

great lo! super funny...what a fun challenge!

Unknown said...

Gosh I miss those 'big' eighties! My tush would fit right in now! Lovely layout.

Jamie Harder said...

Loooove the photo and the layout is FANTASTIC!!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout Brenda! It's fun to look back at how we use to look and dress, and to think back then we thought we looked great!! Boy how styles have changed!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...