Sunday, October 3, 2010

Better Living Through Scrapbooking Reveal & A Winner!

What is your favorite color?  That's the challenge at Better Living Through Scrapbooking this week - show us your favorite color!  Here are the details...


Create a layout dedicated to your favorite color.
Choose at least 2 of the following:

1. Journal on the layout as if you are speaking directly to your favorite color, and tell it why you love it, and what it means to you.
2. Take a photo of something you love that is in your favorite color, and use it on your layout.
3. Use rounded corners somewhere on your layout.
4. Create hand-doodling somewhere on your page.
5. Make the name of your favorite color a prominent part of your title.

Hmmm…my favorite color. I know what my favorite color is, but I wanted to show you something vibrant, something bright. Wouldn’t you love to see bright pink, maybe a purple, or sunshine yellow? However, the truth of the matter is that I love brown. All things brown – no matter what shade – make me feel peaceful inside. So I am bringing you a layout that is somewhat (ok, extrememly) unconventional for me, but definitely highlights brown!


Plaid is one of our sponsors this month, so I wanted to show several different ways to use paint on a layout. The base sheet is a kraft cardstock, and I painted the edges. If you look closely, you’ll see that I also stamped a splatter stamp on my base and on the corrugated cardstock. I stamped with paint. It gives my layout just a little more texture, I think. That huge leaf is actually a stencil. After painting it, I put some dimensional magic here and there to give it some shine. Do you see the interesting bits and pieces on my layout? How fun are they? They are from another one of our monthly sponsors, Gauche Alchemy, and I am crazy about all these types of embellishments! I used old book pages and a simplicity pattern to make the flowers.

I sprayed the book pages (and the tickets) with Coffee Shop glimmer mist. Once I created the darker flowers, I randomly applied dimensional glaze and some antique bronze stickles. I aged the simplicity pattern flower with chestnut roan ink. Using Norma Kennedy stamps (yet another fabulous sponsor!), I created the journal spot and stamped on the lace. I have to tell you, the black lace is what wrapped my Gauche Alchemy package! How pretty is that!! I’ve used two options this week on my layout . First, I rounded the corners on the journaling tag and secondly, I used the name of my favorite color in my title on that journaling tag.


Plaid Products: Apple Barrel Burnt Umber Paint, Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, Fresh Foliage Stencil, Spouncer, All Night Media Splatter Stamp
Gauche Alchemy Products: Ouchless Cardboard, Book Pages, Simplicity Pattern, Pin, Tickets, Lace
Norma Kennedy Stamps: My Favorite Things
Discount Cardstock: Kraft 12×12
Other: Fancy Pants Buttons, Colorbox Chestnut Roan, Tattered Angels Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist, Ranger Antique Bronze Distress Stickles

Go ahead and give it a try!  We'd love to have you join us!  Check my right sidebar for the monthly sponsors and prizes!!


And now for the winner of last week's blog hop prize!  Through random generator, the winner is:

Kim said...

I love your new blog colors! This photo of you and Jerry is precious! You know how I simply adore your style!!!!This layout is just another gorgeous example of your wonder and talent!!!!
Those flowers are scrummy, I must get that die!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx
September 26, 2010 8:21 AM
 
I will get that prize in the mail to you tomorrow Kim!  I know you are going to do amazing things with all the goodies!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Dawnll said...

Wonderful and only you could make brown that wonderful!
Congrats to Kim on winning also.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

This is a GORGEOUS layout from you!... as always! :-)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...