Sunday, October 10, 2010

Better Living Through Scrapbooking

Time for a new reveal at Better Living Through Scrapbooking!  First, I'll share the details:

“About Me Challenge” Create a scrapbook page layout about yourself!

Choose at least 2 of the following:
1. Include at least one photograph of you (and only you).
2. Journal about yourself (i.e., your quirks, something you would like to change, your hopes, disappointments, etc.)
3. Use a traditional office supply on your layout.
4. Use foam adhesives or “pop-dots” to give elements on your page dimension.
5. Use an old book or magazine page as part of your layout.

Don’t forget, to be eligible for the grand prize, you must complete all four weekly challenges for the month of October!  Take a peek at the prizes on my right sidebar - they are some good ones!!

Okay, on to my layout ~

I found this challenge rather difficult to do. I scrap about me, but I am not used to this type of layout about myself. I started a book some time ago that is just about me, and I hope this week’s challenge will inspire you to so the same!

I used all five options this week. My office supply is a paper clip, and I attached a flower on top that I cut from my patterned paper. The paper flowers were die cut from a book page that came in my Gauche Alchemy kit. You’ll see some dark brown flowers hidden amongst the others. They were raw chipboard flowers that I painted to match. I also painted the hearts and then gave them a good dose of glitter!

Journaling reads: “What did I want life to be like at 48? I was very goal-oriented in my 20’s. I think I accomplished enough of what I wanted to at that time. I’ve learned a lot about myself over the years and understand now that sometimes goals have to be shifted to meet the circumstance. Now there are wrinkles on my face, and I carry extra pounds, But I am what I hoped I’d be on the inside. I’m happy, over-the-top in love with my husband, proud of my son, and I love my ever-changing life. That’s a pretty good 48 to me!”

Sponsored Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Clove Felt 80# 12×12, Patriotic Blue Linen 80# 12×12, Surf Blue Translucent Vellum 27# 12×12”
Stamp: For the Luv of Art “My Favorite Things stamp set”
Papers and embellishments: Gauche Alchemy “Acme Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit”
Paint: Plaid “Apple Barrel: Burnt Umber, Antique White”
Adhesive: Plaid “All Night Media: Pop Dots”

Additional Supplies Used:
Paper: Close To My Heart “Serendipity”
Embellishments: Close To My Heart “Outdoor Denim Ribbon, Prisma Glitter, Chocolate Ink, Chocolate Brads, Dimensional Elements – On Target “; American Crafts “Thickers: Chit Chat – Chestnut”; Creative Imaginations “Creative Café – Chipboard Shapes”; May Arts “Ivory Wrinkled Ribbon”

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh such a wonderful page sweetie. Love to see more pictures of you. Great journaling and such a wonderful way to look back some day at this page.

Unknown said...

A pretty good 48 indeed. LOVE this!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...