Sunday, October 17, 2010

Better Living Through Scrapbooking Reveal

“Recycle, Reuse, Renew challenge” 
Use recycled products that might normally be discarded as part of a scrapbook page.
Choose at least 2 of the following:
1. Use corrugated cardboard or other recycled packaging on your page.
2. Find fun or unusual items around your house and use them as elements on your page. Playing cards, clothing tags, junk mail, broken jewelry, old greeting cards or postcards, buttons and/or material from old clothing, advertising magnets, pins and keychains, and blooms and/or leaves from discarded plastic floral arrangements are just a few ideas.
3. Journal about why recycling is important to you.
4. Use traditional adhesives (Scotch tape, masking tape, duct tape, Elmers Glue, staples) on your page in lieu of scrapbook adhesives.
5. Use glitter somewhere on your page.



I thought this challenge was perfect for a card, so that's the project I wanted to bring you this week. I used corrugated cardboard to make my flowers (option #1). After I die-cut them I gave them a thin layer of Sparkle Mod Podge. Have you ever worked with it? I LOVE that product from Plaid! Who doesn't like to add a little sparkle?! Now that twine is from my kitchen. I normally use it for tying meats, but it worked perfectly on my card (option #2). I also used staples to hold the twine in place (option #4). I think they give a nice look to a vintage-type card.

I thought about my grandma the whole time I made this card. The paper is Graphic 45 and comes in the Gauche Alchemy Kitsch Delish Mixed Media Kit. The coffee pot on the paper reminded me of my grandma's egg coffee that she percolated on her stove. Such a nice memory!

Sponsored Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Really Red 80# 12×12
Stamp: For the Luv of Art “My Favorite Things stamp set”
Papers and embellishments: Gauche Alchemy “Acme Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit, Kitsch Delish Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit
Paint: Plaid “Mod Podge: Sparkle”
Adhesive: Plaid “All Night Media: Pop Dots”

Additional Supplies Used:
Embellishments: Recollections “Rhinestones”; Foo Fa La “Red Buttons

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Love your flowers!

Unknown said...

Those flowers are A-MAZ-ING!

Kristina said...

Love it, the flowers re fabulous!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...