Tuesday, November 16, 2010

5 - Better Scrap Newsletter Project

Have you signed up for the Better Living Through Scrapbooking newsletter yet?  There's loads of inspiration every month, tutorials, and sometimes even a monthly prize.  Go to the right sidebar of the Better Scrap page to sign up.

Here are the details for the newsletter challenge. I highlighted in red the ones I chose to use:

Hate growing older? Try to remember it for the good times you had.
Scrap your favorite Birthday memory!

Options (choose two):
1. Paint on your page using object other than brush (pencil eraser, q-tip, bubble wrap, etc)
2. Make an embellishment entirely from cardstock (okay, so I cheated and used some patterned paper, too!)
3. Use multiple layers of cardstock for a photo mat - try ripping, using a border punch, die-cut machine, etc, for fun!
4. Journal on a shape
5. Use a very bright color palette - vibrant yellows, reds, blues, and greens!

Aynyone that knows me well knows that I don’t ever have a big to-do on my birthday. I like to celebrate peacefully with just my husband and son. But boy, do I like to throw a party!! One of my very favorite memories is Shane’s 5th birthday back in 1994. It was the spring after my father passed away, and I thought we needed a good party to bring everyone together. I ordered up a clown, and we had everyone from both sides of our family in attendance. Shane also had loads of his little friends there to help celebrate the day. This party accomplished all that I wanted it to – Shane had a fabulous 5th birthday, and everyone that came that day had lots of good laughs!


Sponsor Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Polka Dots Evening Surf, Sunflower 80#, Brilliant White 80#”
Embellishments: Charlene’s Button Box
Adhesives: Plaid: All Night Media “Pop Dots”; Mod Podge “Dimensional Magic”

Additional Supplies Used:
Patterened Paper: Close To My Heart “Animal Cookies”
Printable Stamps: The Cutting Cafe “Birthday Fun”
Embellishments: Close To My Heart “Foam Numbers, Sunflower Waxy Flax, Organdy Ribbon, White Daisy RicRac”

6 comments:

Regina Easter said...

oh wow oh wow....this came out fantastic brenda...i love everything about it...wowzer....

Barb Craft said...

I love your bright colors!! And the journaling inside the birthday is tooo cute!
barb :)

Jamie Harder said...

So FUN!!! I love how you journaled in a party hat...so creative:-)

Sheila H said...

This is darling! Love the colors and the embellishments, particularly the balloons!

Betty Anne said...

Love your layout with the birthday embellishments and especially like the jouralling hat.

Kristina said...

So bright and festive, really cute!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...