Sunday, November 14, 2010

Better Living Through Scrapbooking Reveal Day

I hope you that you are thinking about your Bucket List layout from last week.  You've got until the end of the month to submit to Better Living Through Scrapbooking to be eligible for a prize!

This week we are challenging you to scrap about your charity work:

“The Greatest of These is Charity” challenge
One way to make your life better is through scrapbooking, another way is to do something nice for someone else. Scrap about something you do or have done for someone else. A loved one, a neighbor, a charity, etc.
Choose 2 of the following: (I've highlighted the ones I did!)
1. Print an element of your page (NOT a photo) using your home or office printer. This can be your title, your journaling, an embellishment, or anything else you can use on your page, but not a photo!
2. Use three brads somewhere on your page.
3. Use a chipboard letter or shape on your page.
4. Use the following quote somewhere on your page or in your journaling: “If you haven’t got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. . — Bob Hope””

It is so amazing to be involved with a charity! I am sharing this layout about one of the things that is truly near and dear to my heart. Do you ever go to the mailbox and just hope there might be a card or letter for you? Of course you do! We all love happy mail. It can pick us up on a hard day, and it helps us remember that there are people thinking of us – even if we don’t know it. My layout is about just that. I send handmade cards to Operation Write Home and Share-A-Card. Both organizations are tremendous and really have found a way to help others that truly need mail.

I created a kind of unique background for my page. I found this idea in Creating Keepsakes special issue, “101+ Creative Ways to Use Your Scrapbook Supplies” (page 54). I adhered several different pieces of chipboard to my kraft cardstock. Then I painted the paper and chipboard with Apple Barrel paint. When it was dry, I covered that with gloss mod podge. Now that takes a little time, but what a unique background with a fun 3-D effect! As you can see, my layout is pretty simple from there. I created my own embellishments using vellum, flowers, buttons, and ribbons. So fun to just pile things on!!

Sponsor Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Kraft #80, Black Linen #80,Primary Red Vellum”
Embellishments: Charlene’s Button Box; Discount Cardstock “French Vanilla Bazzill Flowers”
Adhesives: Plaid: All Night Media “Pop Dots: Mod Podge Gloss
Paint: Apple Barrel “King’s Gold”

Additional Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Close To My Heart “White Daisy”
Embellishments: Close To My Heart “Sparkles, Dimensional Elements”; May Arts “Black Wrinkled Ribbon”
Other Tools: Making Memories Slice; Making Memories Slice Design Card “Think Pink”

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Jamie Harder said...

Oh I always wanted to do a background like that...you've inspired me! I LOVE this page...and what a GREAT thing you are involved with:-)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...