Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Tree

You know, yesterday we had our first snowfall.  And WOW, did we have snow!  It was heavy, wet, plentiful, and hard to drive in - even in 4-wheel drive!  I am glad that Jerry was behind the wheel when we were running errands.  When I got home yesterday afternoon, I put together one of these simple trees.  I found the recipe in Scrapbooks, Etc. It was fun to add my own twist and actually be making something just for me!

I used Fancy Pants Christmas Magic paper.  Once I had hot glued it to the styrofoam cone, I painted it with Clear Rock Candy Distress Paint.  I love that paint because it allows you to curl and work with paper so nicely when it's dry.  I didn't have matching buttons or brads, but I had clear buttons.  So I made some matchng buttons with Christmas Magic paper and Glossy Accents.  Have you made matching buttons that way?  SO easy!!  Just put a little glossy accents (or CTMH Liquid Glass) on the back of the clear button and set it on the paper. It dries very, very quickly, and then you've got your own handmade embellishment!  I threw some pearls here and there on the tree and freehand cut a star for the top.

Now, I'm going to leave you today with a picture of our front yard when we woke up yesterday.  Just beautiful!!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh I love both of those trees! the one you made is just darling!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow 2 beautiful trees lol
I love the idea of the first one and the second one looks gorgeous
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

Your tree is so cute! I hadn't thought about combining clear buttons and patterned paper before and it turned out so beautifully.

scrappin_mom3 said...

Your tree is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers! Love your buttons!!

Happy Holidays,

Kerri from PS

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...