Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Ornament

I wanted to make something for our tree this year rather than buy a new holiday ornament.  Now mind you, this won't guarantee that I won't stop at Starbuck's for this year's ornament!! 


The ornament I made is relatively easy, just a  little time consuming.  I was thinking that the materials would be a great thing to prep and then put together while watching your favorite tv show or movie.  Maybe a Christmas movie?  Anyway, I cut 2-1/2" strips of CTMH cranberry and colonial white ribbon.  I hot glued them onto a styrofoam ball.  I added a touch of Martha Stewart gold ribbon, and it was done! This week, Really Reasonable Ribbon is asking for a Christmas theme, and Our Creative Corner is wanting a 3-D Holiday project.  This works great for both of those!

9 comments:

Dawnll said...

This is just beautiful- LOVE the ribbon!
How perfect to add to the ornament list this year. I always say I won't get any more but seem to acquire a few more each year. LOL

Bonnie Garby said...

This is a terrific ornament!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Jamie Harder said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Laurel said...

Wow this is great! Did it take awhile to make?

Unknown said...

LOVE this! I think you should fill your WHOLE tree with them in different sizes!

Theresa said...

What a gorgeous, and relatively simple ornament. Thanks for sharing:)

Lisa Jane said...

This is fabulous Brenda and will lokk lovely on your tree
Lisa ;)

Kristina said...

this is just beautiful, love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh this is so cool. What a wonderful holiday decoration - something that you can enjoy year after year! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...