Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Travel

On Sundays this month, I am the guest designer over at Christmas Card Challenges.  It has been such a pleasure to make cards for this wonderful challenge site!  Today's challenge is to incorporate holiday travel into your card.  There was one journey that immediately popped into my head:

This is one of Stampin' Up's digital stamps.  I brought it over to Print Shop and changed the colors to make it what I wanted it to look like.  I printed it on Bo Bunny paper.  Such an easy, but beautiful card!

I have to apologize for not being around much lately and for posting things a little late.  I have been working almost full-time - and loving every minute of it!  And I'm really glad to say that my job went from seasonal to permanent.  That is a huge blessing and I am so thankful!  What it doesn't leave a lot of time for is reading blogs and crafting.  But this is just for a bit.  I am quite certain that after the first of the year, I will be getting less hours, and I'll be right back to crafting every day.  For now, I cram it all into one or two days, so you'll see spurts here and there.  Other than the osteoperosis in my hips, I am also thankful to say that my health is really good and I'm able to work with no problems.  That's such a blessing - thank you, Father!

Shane is loving school, and he has already learned how to keep my short hair trimmed.  He was born for cosmetology - and it shows.  He wakes up excited to go to school every day, and Jerry and I love seeing that!  His future is definitely looking exciting!

I am happy to say that I am finishing up my cards tomorrow, and they will be going out in Tuesday's mail.  Nothing like the last minute, huh?  I thought rather take my time than hurry through, so that each one is special.  So this year, late is better than never!  That's why I love Christmas Card Challenges so much.  Next year, I will be completely on top of this thanks to that challenge blog!  But just ot let you know how behind I am this year, I'll let you know that Jerry and I started and finished our Christmas shopping today.  It was a full day, but it was relatively easy.  It was a sunny warm winter day, and the stores and mall were quite festive.  And it's always a pleasure to spend a day out with my hubby!

I hope to catch up with all of you this week.  In the meantime, please know that I am sending happy Christmas wishes your way!

7 comments:

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Congratulations, Brenda! You truly deserve it! You do an incredible job on every project!

Dawnll said...

Oh sweetie this is beautiful- and I agree this is the best choice for travel challenge.
I am so happy that you have been made permanent at work and also Shane is loving school.
You are all so blessed and deserve each one.
Happy Holidays my friend!

Laurel said...

Beautiful card, and congrats on being a guest DT!

Unknown said...

What a beautifully elegant card.

Annual Travel Insurance said...

Hello friends,

Really holiday travel insurance provides the right kind of cover for any kind of traveler, it an adventure tourist, a sport enthusiast or even a globe trotter and it is better to insure the trip to enable travel with safer mind and joyous heart. Thanks a lot!

StephC said...

This card is gorgeous! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Sato Travel-very lovely and all post are very good so get free information here http://satotravelinfo.com/

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...