Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Everything You Can Imagine is Real

I purchased the Wings Workshop on the Go kit from CTMH, and I fell in love with one of the flower ideas.  The flower on the card is made from a stamped image - 5 of the same - to form he petals on a flower.  I took that idea (a little over the top) and this is what I came up with.

Well my CTMH friends, what do you think with all the added petals?  I still did the second generation stamping with a roll of ink on the edges.  My ink looks a little darker because I painted each petal with rock candy crackle paint before building the flower.  I find this to make the paper pliable so that it will not tear with all the shaping.  Then, if you click on the picture and look closer, you'll see that I added stickles about the whole flower.  The background was misted with a combination of vineyard berry re-inker and pearl paint.  I love this quote - one of my favorites - so I am going to add this card to the These are a Few of My Favorite Things challenge (quotes).  Let's Ink It Up and Paper Cutz are anything goes, and Crafty Carmakers is floral, so this card will also be entered in those challenges.

14 comments:

Sheila H said...

Beautiful - great job!

Rufus said...

Pretty image, makes a great flower!
R/

Valerie said...

That flower is outstanding!!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow its just amazing
Lisa ;)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Oh my, this is just one stunning card! Love it!
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

Brenda, This card is so beautiful. I would have NEVER thought to make that damask stamp into a flower. SOOOOOOO pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful stamping, love the colour choices. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I love love love this Brenda! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that misting and loveeeeeeeeeee that flower!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Claire said...

Gorgeous card!! What a beautiful flower you've made, and the background is fab! Thanks for joining us at LIIU
Claire xx

Eiglas said...

I love that flower! Very lovely card!
Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Crafty CardMakers this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... I LOVE this technique! How clever! And the different colors really make the stamping look amazing! Gorgeous!
Barb :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the hand-made flower. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

Shirl said...

My oh my that is one beautiful flower on your stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful! Loving the colors and the misting! And that quote is wonderul!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fave Things!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...