Friday, January 7, 2011

I Couldn't Help Myself!

I was going about cleaning today, and the mail lady interrupted me with the supplies I ordered from my Close To My Heart consultant.  Oh my goodness!  What beautiful product!  So as soon as I fed my family and cleaned up, I sat down and made a simple 15-minute card.

I dyed my flowers with Vineyard Berry re-inker to match the paper.  I have learned to speed up that process with an embossing gun ;)  The dress form is in the January Stamp of the Month, and the small sentiment is in the exclusive stamp set you receive when you buy the Workshop on the Go.  I love that pleated twill ribbon! 

Anyway, this card is not for a design team assignment or a challenge.  I created this one simply because I fell in love with the paper and stamps I received today.  To me, that's a pretty good reason to create!

6 comments:

Marg Van Patten said...

You're creative AND funny...love the card and your spontaneous creativity Brenda!

Barb Craft said...

Isn't it great when you can create just to create?! I adore the card and am a little jealous that you were able to whip this beauty out in 15 minutes!
Barb :)

Jolanda said...

sweet card!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous! Mine just arrived yesterday, hope to play with it soon! My Japanese student leaves tomorrow, then I will have more free time again!

Unknown said...

I love what you did with your goodies. It's "so Brenda"!

Welcome to Sara Batkin's Legacies Of Love said...

Love it Brenda - it is so pretty :O)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...