Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Little Animal Crackers

I picked up a few sheets of one Imaginisce's new releases Animal Crackers.  It's such fun, bright, and cheery paper.  I couldn't help myself and had to make a couple of cards right away! I grabbed the sketch from CPS (see sketch here) for the first card.

Such a great sketch, and this turned out to be such a fun card for a 1 year celebration or birthday!  Those are i-rock gems, and the foam number and waxy flax are CTMH.

I liked the sketch over at Get Sketchy, too, so I used that one as well (see sketch here).  One of my favorite things to do is to test a paper for it's versatility.  Animal Crackers works well for adults, too!

The white flowers, button, and waxy flax.  The red flowers were cut with the Tim Holtz tattered floral die.  That's got to be my favorite die cut flower.  It is well used in my crafting room!

I don't have a sample for the Sarah Hurley challenge this week, but be sure to stop by and see what the design team members did with die-cuts!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both cards are awesome, but I ESPECIALLY love that "1" card!

Kendra-Sue and Jamie said...

The cards are both incredible. I was thinking about looking for some of that paper but you may have pushed it into a "must have".

I have a strange question. What do you call the thing that holds up our cards and where do you find them?

Laurel said...

Love them both, love that big flower on the second!

Marg Van Patten said...

I love how you took Animal Crackers and used it for a non-kid design on card #2. I just may have to move that paper pack from my like-list to my gotta-have-it list! Thanks for sharing.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...