Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Potion Memory Works Express Kit

I have been anxiously waiting to show you some projects from the February Memory Works Express Kit Love Potion.  This kit is FULL of yumminess from Making Memories, Fancy Pants, October Afternoon, and much more!  It is fabulous, and I hope the projects I am showing today will inspire you!



I used the Walnut Cream cardstock and Pink Paislee Pretty Lace for the first layout. I conserve paper by cutting out the base portion that is covered with patterned paper, so I had enough paper to mat my picture and die-cut the phrase "love." By cutting the Pretty Lace paper down, I had enough left to cut all my circles.



Fancy Pants Love Birds is such a fun collection! When I saw those flowers and birdhouses, I couldn't help but cut some of them out for this layout. The letters are the backside of one of the sheets, so it was easy to cut them out and give this layout a title. Take a close look at the birdhouse area. Those are are elements that are included in the kit. I've used sequins in a couple of places, and I thought they were a fun addition!


This is such an easy gift! I cut the flowers with a Tim Holtz die and then painted them with Ranger distress paint in clear rock candy. If you don't have that product, get a hold of your consultant to purchase some! When it dries, it gives you the wonderful ability to curl the petals. I stacked a gem and button to create the center.


I didn't want to forget the guys! This is just a 4-pack of root beer. It only took one sheet of paper (Farm Fresh October Afternoon) to cover the box and make it just a little more special. The stickers are not in the kit, but are Fancy Pants Happy Together and can be found in the MW catalog.

Next week, I am going to bring you some cards using the Express Kit and a tutorial for something that is really trendy right now. I'll see you then!!

Memory Works items used: Love Potion Express Kit; Crate Restoration Stickers and Chipboard; Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Paint; Fancy Pants Happy Together Stickers. Bo Bunny Mam-Razzi Buttons; American Crafts Chestnut Memory Marker; American Crafts Dimensional Dots Adhesive; Mini Glue Dots; Tombow Mono Dots Roller
Other items and and tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles; Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die; Bazzill Paper Flower; Slice Words & Expression Design Card; Jute; Candle

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, you are really pumping out some fabby things!

Unknown said...

Oh my!!!! that is just the best idea ever for the guys...Thank you so much for sharing

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm, such rich, gorgeous colors and such beautiful artwork!

Marg Van Patten said...

Look at you!!! You totally and completly ROCK! Thanks for sharing these really great idea. Loving the candle and the soda gifts.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

These are such amazing projects. I really like the personal layout pages. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs
Tanya

Barb Craft said...

WOW!! These LOs are stunning! It looks like that kit comes with some goodies but you did an extraordinary job of putting it all together! You might want to consider linking your Love LO up to Frosted Designs this week... we have $20 gift certificate as a prize!
barb :)

Jamie Harder said...

gorgeous projects Brenda!!!!

Katie said...

Your creativity is just endless and oh so wonderful!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...