Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Last Projects with Memory Works

I can't believe that my this is my last post for Memory Works! I have truly enjoyed being a guest designer for them, and I have loved playing with the Express Kit!

Now I want to talk you through a little tutorial. Rosettes are all the craze right now. Scrapbook Update has put rosettes on the trend watch list, and I love that! Not only are they a flower, but they are a great circle embeliishment. I was going to take pictures for you while I was creating, but I thought I'd explain a little and let you hook up to Scrapbook Update's link. They have fabulous pictures, and I think you'll really enjoy what you learn there!

Start with a piece of paper that is 1" x 12". Of course you can adjust this if you'd like a bigger circle. Accordion fold at 1/4" increments. At this point I bring out my hot glue gun and adhere the two ends together in a circle. The rosette wants to pop up rather than stay in it's pretty little circle. Punch a 1" circle and adhere that to the back with your glue gun. It will hold the rosette in placeso that you can decorate the front any way that you wish! I made one and used it as the focal embellishment on this card. As you'll notice, I stacked a couple of buttons and a gem and glued that to the center of my rosette.




I had so many embellishments and paper left from the Express Kit that I created a few more cards for your enjoyment.




As I said, it has been such a pleasure to work with Memory Works this month! After working with this yummy-licious February Express Kit, I can't wait to see what March holds!!

Memory Works Items Used: February Express Kit Love Potion; Zva Bling; My Mind's Eye Union Square "Perfect" Stamp Set

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Such pretty cards, each and everyone!

Jade said...

You are so awesome Brenda! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How many ways can you say GORGEOUS! Love all of these cards.
hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, every last one!

Rossella said...

Fantastics cards!! All beautifuls!

yyam said...

These cards are amazing! Great mix of colors and layers! :)

Lynn said...

I've really enjoyed your posts over at the MemoryWorks blog! Great projects. tfs

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...