Friday, February 25, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime

Every week in February I have been posting an idea for home decor at the Sassy Lil Sketches forum.  Have you joined yet?  There are some fun people over there - and some of the best smilies for posting!!

Anyway, I created this next project because I am really tired of the snow.  We had another 14" earlier this week, and the driving was horrendous.  I am just so anxious for spring this year!  Last time I was at Archiver's I picked up a few sheets of Graphic45's new Once Upon a Springtime.  I had a coffee can in my recycling craft box, so I went to work with that as the base.  Here's what I came up with:

Don't you love those colors?  They are just so pretty and spring-y!  I made the shreds by cutting 1/16" strips from one of the sheets of paper.  I put buttons in the center of the pinwheels for a little accent.  Not much to this, but I sure like the feeling it gives!

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful Brenda .. i love the little windmills
Lisa ;)

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

So pretty. Pinwheels always make me feel like Spring!

StephC said...

Awesome project! Love the pinwheels!!

Jamie Harder said...

Very pretty:-) I know the feeling of waiting on spring...we are in a major cold snap right now and I am so eager for warmer weather....

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...