Sunday, April 10, 2011

ABC

When I went to my mother-in-law's house to look at some pictures a few months back, I found these pictures that she had taken of Shane.  I am so glad to have the copies!!  I used THIS SKETCH from The Scrappiest for this layout:
Oh, those little tiny hands!  Picasso said that every child is an artist, and that is so true!  Shane loved to write, draw, and scribble from the time he could hold a writing utensil.  We are very lucky that he was not a child that wrote on walls, but rather colored and drew and then colored and drew some more.  I think that has helped him today to be the creative person that he is.

I don't very often combine challenges (cuz I just can't think that way!!), but this layout does fit Lasting Memories journaling challenge and Really Reasonable Ribbon's die cut/punch and ribbon challenge.  I also want to let you know that Practical Scrappers will be featuring Bella Blvd inspiration this week on Wednesday and Thursday.  If you want to see more yumminess from BB, be sure to pop over one of those days!

Items used:  Bella Blvd Mr. Boy; Bazzill Admiral CS; Slice Design Cards - Big Kids and Basics 1; Really REasonable Ribbon twine; Fancy Pants clip; CTMH gems and white tag

11 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Stinkin' cute! Thanks for your VERY SWEET comment on my blog today!

Jamie Harder said...

Adorable! I love that "every child is an artist" SO TRUE:-)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Lovely LO!! Love the vibrant colours with the black matting!! Wonderful! :)

Sue said...

What a beautiful page Brenda. Great photos. I'm glad you were able to get copies. The papers you used are awesome and perfect. Great take on the sketch. Good luck with the challenges. You did very well combining. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Karen Wilson said...

Aww, this is super sweet. So glad you were able to get copies!! I have photo's of my daughter, now 10, when she was maybe 4?? Out in the backyard with paint, omgoodness!!! She had it EVERYWHERE but all I could do was laugh and snap pics! I miss those times SO much!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!! Good luck with the DT spot!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Your LO is awesome! Love the way you journaled. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories. GOOD LUCK!

Bonnie Garby said...

Great layout! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Ashley said...

What a precious layout! I love the papers you used. Thanks for playing along with us at LM this week!

~Ashley
LM DT

Lauren said...

Gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Lauren

Liz Chidester said...

What a cutie he is! I love the bright colors and patterns here.
Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...