Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't Forget the Sunscreen

As I promised, I'm back with some artwork.  I found a sketch over at The Scrappiest, and it looked daunting to me.  For that very reason, I challenged myself to create with it!



Shane was just 14 months old in these photos.  That little baby belly - so cute!!  Other than the orange twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon, I used all Bo Bunny Sunkissed for this layout.  I so like when I have all the matching "stuff" for a layout.  It makes it all so quick!  I took a little extra time using my Imaginisce de-stresser to rough up all the edges.  I also used a craft knife to cut around the bicycle a little so that I could tuck the circle underneath just a bit.  If you need to see anything a little better, just click on the photo to enlarge.

9 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Oh that is just way too cute! The tree and the bike make it so warm and summery!

Laurel said...

Such fun Bo Bunny paper, great layout!

Kayla W said...

Love your paper choice and your embellies are so cute! Great job with the sketch.

Jennifer Shaw said...

What a fun summery paper line! Great take on the sketch with wonderful embellishing!! Thanks for playing along! :)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! I love what you have done with paints in the background and how you placed the twine!!! Thanks for joining The Scrappiest! Great take on the sketch!

Cowspotdog said...

What a terrific page based on the Scrappiest Sketch - love the bike and the tree

Wanda Cullen said...

First...THANKS for giving me the alert about my FYI post = YIKES! I saw your card posted in the group photo gallery and thought it was this week. I deleted it from my blog and will reschedule it for next week. Your scrapbook page is fabulous! You rocked the sketch and the Bo Bunny papers are perfect for this summer setting!

Lynette Jacobs said...

When I look at this layout I would never have imagined that you would find the sketch daunting. You did fantastically. I love your interpretation of the sketch and your choice of embellishments.

Liz Chidester said...

Really cute page!
Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...