Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fun in My Craft Room

I turned on Netflix today and watched a couple of movies while I was working on some swaps.  The first swap is a handmade flower swap, and I needed to make 23.  Here's what I came up with.

I die-cut (Tattered Florals) my flowers from old paperback pages.  Every once in awhile, I head the flea market to look for aged books or lace. I can usually find old paperbacks for a nickel, and one book makes a lot of flowers!  I inked them up with distress ink - vintage photo and faded jeans.  To realy bring out the color, I painted them with clear rock candy distress paint.  Once they were dry, I built them and added a button, a little waxy flax, and a vintage pin.  This is my favorite Tim Holtz die, and I use it very often!

Next was to make 12 embellished die cuts for Mother's Day or Spring. 

I have been wanting to work with the Slice Vintage Findings crown, and this was the perfect time.  I made an element that can go on a Mother's Day layout or card.  This is about 2-1/2 x 4 inches, and it's so much prettier in real life.  I sacrificed my last two pieces of this beautiful patterned sorbet paper from the CTMH Perfect Day Level 2 kit - LOL!!  I try so hard not to hoard save papers understanding that there will always be new and better.  This was really easy to put together adding CTMH pearls, flower, and sorbet ribbon.

Hope you've had a great day!

7 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

lol! I hoard.. opps.. save a lot more than just paper! Wonderful work!

Laurel said...

So pretty!

Kelly said...

How do you get involved in swaps? I would like to do them.

Mitralee said...

Loved the flower and the cool post, made me laugh!

Jen Pittman said...

I definitely can identify with the paper saving. It is hard to use the last of some favorites! Very nice projects!

Dale Tiernan said...

They are lovely. Wish I was in your swap. I am actually in a Mother's Day swap doing flowers and embellies. Glad you had a die-cutter, 23 is a large number. I hand cut mine. I need at flower punch at the very least I think.

Unknown said...

Both projects are WOWS for sure.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...