Saturday, June 18, 2011

Celebrate

I was sitting down to make my husband's Father's Day card this afternoon, and I knew I had to have something bold - something that would immediately tell him what a great dad he is to Shane.  The challenge at Heart 2 Heart is to create your own background paper using inks and stamps, so that is what I did.
I used the outdoor denim, cranberry, and sunflower ink on stark white and kraft.  Those stars really stand out and let Jerry know just how much we think he is a star!!  The bottom portion of the paper is random stamped.  I truly fogot how much fun that is, so I was really glad for this challenge!  You haven't seen this stamp set yet.  It's the July stamp of the month (American Celebration), and I'll be telling you plenty about it in July!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

What a fun card!

Rufus said...

What a fabulous looking card! You hit some of my favorites, red/white/blue and stars!
R/

Haley D. said...

Your card is fabulous! I wouldn't have necessarily thought of this set for a Father's Day card, but it totally works for your special guy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at H2H!

Melinda Everitt said...

What a bright, colorful card! Love how you used an unexpected stamp set for a Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

curlyqmosaics said...

Wow, your card is FANTASTIC! I love the stars, very fun!

Karen Day said...

Wonderful card! Love how you went for the bold colours on white - really stunning. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...