Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lasting Memories Guest Designer!

Karen over at Lasting Memories asked me to be a guest design team member through the month of July.  I was thrilled to accep this opportunity at I love the concept of her challenge blog.  She does weekly challenges for layouts so that we can get caught up on our pages.  I hope you will join me and the rest of the team for this week's challenge.  It is to recycle or re-use something for your scrapbooking page.  Here's what I came up with:

This is Jerry and his twin brother when they were 18 months old.  She said it was very common for people to buy them matching outfits because it was such a big deal to have twins in the family!
I recycled an old paper back to cut the letters and the steam for the train on this layout. Now I don't know how many people are scrapbook sticklers out there, but I will easily mention that I am.  I want my legacy books to last and be around for generations.  So when I use a recycled product like this, I always spray it with archival mist before creating my element.  If I was using this for a card, I wouldn't even bother, but I need my pages to be acid-free.
I used CTMH Passages on this layout.  It is discontinued now, but you can still pick up a bundle on my website for 56% off.  I added black cardstock, black grosgrain, black photo clips, and a black button with bamboo waxy flax.  I used the Slice Big Kids card to make the train and letters.  Be sure to head over to Lasting Memories and see what everyone else came up with!

This layout was also done with Heart 2 Heart challenges in mind.  The challenge was to use a Bingo:

I chose ribbon, border punch, and brads.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet...and I loved seeing the twin photo. As you know, I have twins on the brain!

Denise Pustelniak said...

WELCOME Brenda! Your LO is fantabulous!

Karen Wilson said...

Welcome Brenda! So glad to have you on as GDT!! I love your LO and what a great idea about being extra careful to being acid-free. I never would have thought of that!!

sharon said...

Love your layout, and your recycled book pages!! It is wonderful, and what a cute picture!

Michele said...

Welcome Brenda to Lasting Memories!!! This is a super CUTE layout! :-) We are honored to have you.
Michele

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...