Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life Documented

I am at my retreat now, and I am anxious for the sun to come out tomorrow so that I can take pictures of the surroundings and show you!  I have wireless here, so I'll be posting as always.  In fact, I think you may even see more from me than normal!
The first thing I want to show you is kind of fun.  Jerry received his 20-year watch from his employer this past March.  I wanted to showcase the letter he received with it, but I didn't want to use a whole page.  So I used this nifty product from Close To My Heart called a Flip Flap Memory Protector.  I'll show you a couple of pictures so that you can see how it works.


Isn't that fun?  You just pull the adhesive strip and attach it to the memory protector.  I wish I had had these when I did my Italy book.  They would have been perfect!  These little flip flaps come 8 protectors to a pack: (4) 6"x12", (2) 4"x12", and (2) 8"x12'.  They are a very inexpensive little addition to a book at $3.95.  Now I used Cherie's sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches for this layout.

I left out the blocks because the paper already had so much design.

Items used:  Simple Stories Life Documented; CTMH Bamboo Waxy Flax; CTMH Basic Buttons; i-Rock gems

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wonderful layout, Brenda! The flip flap book is pretty neat.

Missy said...

So cool & creative!! Love it. It's nice to see a "manly" layout...those are hard for me! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy this week :)

Mitralee said...

Love it! I am pretty fond of ctmh so enjoy you use of it!

Tone K. said...

Great LO !
I love your colors and your banners ! :o) Your details in right corner were really cool !
Thanks for playing at Sassys ! :o)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...