Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What to Do, What to Do

Really, I am going through a little bit of withdrawl here at my house.  Tomorrow morning I am leaving for a 6-day scrapbooking retreat - yippee!!  But for that many days, I had to pack up yesterday to make sure I had everything.  Well, this morning I was beside myself.  All of my basics are packed.  I was busy looking around to see what I could do.  Maybe paint, maybe use spray ink - or stamp with the few wood mounts I have.  Then it dawned on me - what a paper addict, I am!!  LOL!!

When I realized that I could go one day without paper crafting, I headed outside.  Yesterday it was 103 degrees at our house.  Today it is 72.  Only in Minnesota can you find such extremes!  I did a little weeding and plucked what died from the heat.  My wisteria is going to have monster blooms this year - probably in a week or 10 days.  Here's Chanel enjoying the outdoors with me - and yes, our grass is that long!  Don't pay attention to that - just look at Chanel.  Isn't she the cutest little beagle you've ever seen?

I came in then and colored my hair.  The gray was showing just a little too much for my liking.  I went really, really blond this time.


So now I'm off ot make some bars to bring to the retreat.  I will have internet access, so I'll be sharing some pictures and reading blogs.  Check out where we're going - Water's Edge Retreat - looks like we are in for a fabulous time!!



4 comments:

Sheila H said...

How totally fabulous! I've never been on a scrapping retreat - and I can't even imagine being able to participate in one for six whole days!

Unknown said...

What a fun, relaxing day. I can't wait to see your creations from the retreat.

Lynn said...

LOL, your post made me laugh because I have days like that too when I don't get a chance to make something. Your retreat site looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing what you do when you're away. Have a great time!

Karen Wilson said...

LOL! Great post! I hope you have a wonderful time. Love the new hair color! At first when I read your post I thought you said "off TO the bar"!!! LOL! I thought, well! Wow! Good for you!

Enjoy your wknd! Your pup is adorable!! I just posted some pics from a crazy storm we had come through here last night. I thought we were going to have a tornado. It went from 30's (*C) down to 18*C within minutes.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...