Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Enjoy Life Every Day


I have had this journal from Pinecone Press in my stash for about a year.  I got it on clearance somewhere for about $2.00, and it has six double-sided pocket pages.  I have been working on some personal goals, and I wanted something pretty to keep everything in. 
I pulled out the rest of my CTMH Veranda paper and stickease.  When the new Idea Book is released on August 1st, I know there are going to be some more favorite papers, but I have really enjoyed working with Veranda.  It's just so pretty!  I added some CTMH paper flowers and ribbon along with some random gems.  I covered the front and back covers with Martha Stewart decoupage.  This is my favorite because the lid has a brush attached.  No messy clean-up!  I even decoupaged the flowers and stickease so that this book will stand up to some wear.

I am entering this in the Shopping Our Stash challenge.  (Thanks Marg!)

Hope you are having a great day today!

9 comments:

Amy Hervey said...

Brenda, this is BEAUTIFUL! How did the flowers hold up to the decoupage? Did they get crunchy.

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous journal!

Unknown said...

Fabulous work, Brenda!

Marg Van Patten said...

I love what you do with flowers! Have you thought about doing a little workshop on how to arrange florals and bling? Your work is always so lovely.
FYI .... this would be a lovely submission for the challenge over at Shopping Our Stash: http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/2011/07/shopping-our-stash-sos-challenge-8-out.html
I'm using "Olivia" on a mini album right now. Another oldie but goodie from CTMH!

Thanks for the inspiration Brenda!

Meg said...

Beautiful! I love all the flowers you added to the front.

Heather B said...

Gorgeous!! What a work of art! Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week! We hope to see you back for more!

CarlaKH said...

What a gorgeous journal! Just beautiful...love how you've done the cover. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Jody Gustafson said...

Very Gorgeous!

Valerie said...

This is gorgeous Brenda - have to look into that Martha mod podge! Love the idea of 'sealing' on the embellishments.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...