Monday, July 18, 2011

Heart 2 Heart Challenge

Time for a new challenge at Heart 2 Heart!  This week we want to see you use doilies or lace.  Here is the sample I created using some old lace I found at a thrift store. 

I misted the flower with a mixture of CTMH pearl paint and desert sand ink.  It turned out so lovely - matching the paper beautifully.  I love getting lace from the thrift store because you never know what it's going to look like.  You can find it on doilies, vintage dress, vintage hats.  Great place to find old buttons, too!

I'd love to see what you come up with for the challenge!

4 comments:

Haley D. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the tip on finding vintage lace. I don't have any in my stash, so I'll have to go shopping. Thanks!

debi barber said...

You do such beautiful artwork, I love the colors in your card

S`andra V. said...

Wonderful card and I love the way you added the twine with the lace. The color turned out wonderful on the flower too. Thanks for sharing.
Happily Scrapbooking My Memories~S`andra

Pamela OConnor said...

Fabulous card Brenda! I love the soft vintage feel.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...