Monday, July 18, 2011

A Little Splendor

I am busy using up my discontinued CTMH Splendor paper, so I've got a few cards to show you today.  The first is for a sketch at Sassy Lil Card Sketches.  It's such a great sketch to work with!


The taught this lovely bloom at my flowers class on Saturday.  Such an easy and flower to make!  Basically you create a rosette and snip on the folds.  Makes a fun weather-beaten summer flower.

The second card is using the sketch at Cardabilities:


Another flower I taught that was really a hit!  It's just 8 crumpled scalloped circles put together with a brad.  Then you bring the crumpled layers up to form this shabby creation.

The last card I made was just for the fun of it because I had the paper out.  I love that cloud paper!

8 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous cards Brenda, just love the pretty fresh colours and the papers and the gorgeous flowers and designs of the cards. Your take on the cardabilities sketch is wonderful, thanks so much for playing along.

Jade said...

Always such beautiful cards from you!

Franz♥ said...

Stunning cards Brenda, I really love your wonderful flowers!
Thank you so much to play with us at Cardabilities.
Francesca from Italy.

ps: sorry for my imperfect english!

VanessaB said...

these are all beautiful! the flower is awesome and i just looove that cute little frog! :)

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Great take of the sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches and that frog is just adorable.

Janet O'Brien said...

wow fab cards Brenda and I love the quick explanation on your hand made flower using crumpled scalloped circles - I must try that! thanks for joining us at Cardabilities and hope to see you at the next sketch

BrendaB said...

Wonderful cards, Brenda!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow these are fabulous ! Great colour choices and just love the flower n the first one , simple divine.

Marie

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...