Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Three of Us and a Couple of Sassy Lil Sketches

I am sorry I haven't posted in a few days! Shane has been home spending some time with us, and I set everything aside when he comes in order to just enjoy him. I know all you Moms out there understand!
There are a couple of sketches from Cherie at Sassy Lil Sketches that I wanted to work with. I think you all know I am very partial to her designs ;)  Here are the two I combined to make a 2-page layout.



I didn't want to hide these pictures in any way, so I didn't use much banner.  Rather on the left I used a large title, and on the right a small banner.  The left page also meets the challenge at Lasting Memories for a bold title.  I am so sorry for the crummy picture!  It's cloudy and dark here, so it's hard to get that perfect shot. 

Here are a couple close-ups of the embellishments.  Pop dots don't last very long around my house - LOL!  I like stickease because of the cardstock weight so that I can bend and move them.



This is the last of my Wings paper.  I have loved working with this!  It is retiring as of Sunday (July 31st), so I think I am going to have to order another packet.  As you can see, the colors were perfect for these pictures!  The only other two items I used on this layout were Wings Stickease and Black Mini Medleys.

On Monday evening, the three of us went out on the lake, and I had an opportunity to just snap pictures of wildlife.  This picture of a loon is my favorite.  


I hope you are having a great week so far!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great layout! So glad you could join us as GD this month!

~Ashley
LM DT member

Dawnll said...

I totally understand spending time with our children- I also got to spend time with mine ,not a happy occasion but such a great support to me.

Love the beautiful layout.
Thank you for the beautiful card and support sweetie

Unknown said...

Beautiful I love all the pictures. You did a great job with the title also.
Thanks for joining us as a guest designer.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Rufus said...

Of COURSE you are going to spend time with your son when you have the chance!! Great layouts.
R/

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love it! You did a wonderful job with the sketch also! Thanks for joining in the fun!

Lauren said...

This layout is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Lauren

Lynn said...

I like all your dimensional embellishments, especially that cool camera!

Jamie Fox said...

wow girl this is awesome. You totally rocked these sketches. Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :)

Evanna said...

Great Layout, love all the details!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Tone K. said...

Beautiful two pager !
I love your title on the top and your details...really great ! :o)
Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil' Sketches! :O)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...