Monday, August 15, 2011

Heart 2 Heart Challenge!

It's time for a new Heart 2 Heart challenge, and this week we are inviting you to CASE one of the design team's cards.  How incredibly fun is that?  A card, layout, or altered project that is copying the style of one of the design team's projects.

When I think about my style, I don't know if I can define it.  When I create pages, I definitely lean more toward clean lines.  I like looking at a page where the picture is the very first focal point.  However, when I create cards and altered items, I like lots of "stuff."  Now I don't always create like that because well, let's face it - those cards are expensive to mail.  But I do so love to create that way!  So that's what I am sharing today with you.


This paper, stamp, and chipboard are from the May CTMH special - You & Me.  I love the colors of the paper, and I love that stamp set.   I dyed the paper flowers by soaking them in a mixture of water and bamboo re-inker.  Then I very lightly spritzed them with a mixture of pearl paint and water.  I could have done this all in one step by mixing pearl paint, re-inker, and water in my spray pen, but I really love the effect that flowers have when they are soaked.  The chipboard (banner, leaves and corner element) is embossed so I sponged over them to give them color.

I hope that you will come and play along this week.  Remember, you have all month to play with any or all of our challenges!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Enchanting Stamping said...

Love this card, definitely going to try to CASE it for the challenge. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration.

Corina said...

Hi Brenda,
This is a great card, love the details, especially how you balanced the bottom with a top banner. BRAVO!!!!

Beverly Tiemann said...

This is an awesome card!

Haley D. said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love all the layers and elements. You must love to cut out images more than I do. ;)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...