Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lasting Memories Reveal

It's time for a new challenge over at Lasting Memories, and this week we are challenging you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.  I have a very hard time with white space.  I create a layout and can never quite leave it alone.  For this challenge I decided to work on that and found the perfect sketch at The Scrappiest.


Although I didn't leave as much space as I see on some layouts, this was a HUGE challenge for me.  This was kind of a double challenge for me because of the colors, too.  In the end, I like the mixture of colors having taken paper from Believe and Wonderland.  I used the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge and stamps for the trees, flowers, sentiment, circle, letters and numbers. 
There is some great inspiration for you from the Design Team!  I hope you'll stop by and play along!
I also wanted you to know that my wine box was named in the Top 3 at Shopping Our Stash!  Yippee!!  How fun is that?!!

I made Top 3 at SOS - badge

9 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty page Brenda. I love the trees. Great job challenging yourself with white space. I'm the same way. Your page looks awesome.

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job on the sketch. I love it. I have a hard time leaving open areas also and you did great.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Lynn said...

perfect timing for this post...I just did a one-photo layout and lots of empty space and nothing looked right to fill it. Well, I'm leaving it empty! congrats on your wine bottle project honor, that looked amazing!

Michele said...

Wonderful page Brenda! I am the SAME way with white space. I feel like I am wasting paper or something. Your layout is precious and I love how it turned out! :-)

Evanna said...

Great page! Sometimes having white space on a page shows off lovely patterned paper-like this cute blue polka dot paper!

tiffany said...

love this LO Brenda, you have left just the perfect amount of white space!! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Lauren said...

Awesome job! I love the white space!

Denise Pustelniak said...

You did a wonderful job with the white space. (It sounds like we have the same prob.)

karen wilson said...

Hey Brenda! I'm the same with white space, you did awesome and gorgeous LO!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...