Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Relax

I was playing with some more new papers.  This time I used Elemental.  I like that paper packet because with all the colors, it could be used for just about anything.  I chose to work with the pacifica blue and olive.

Great for lake pictures!  Don't Shane and Miss Chanel look like best buds?  They really are when they are together!  I've done a lot of stamping on this layout using the Love Life stamp set.  If you click on the layout, you'll see a stamped border on the right page.  That is a stamp.  I cut the stars and scalloped circles with the Art Philosphy cartridge (I will never get bored - 700 images!) and then stamped that as well.  What do you think of that journaling tag?  The Decor Journaling Spots come in a set of 12 pockets with matching tags.  I love these!  I lifted the idea right from the Idea Book for that tag.  I like this layout a lot because my first focal point are the pictures.  They pop off the page with the colors of the paper.

I have to tell you something else.  Last Friday night, we learned that a very tiny kitten had adopted our yard.  Of course I fed her, so she is here every morning and evening, and I think she sleeps in the woods during the day.  It's pretty cozy in there, so I am not worried about her for now.  I tried getting close to here on Saturday evening, managed to pick her up, and she reached up her tiny little paw and scratched me pretty good on the lip.  My swollen lip was my fault, and I decided to go a little slower with her now.  My goal is to be able to bring her to Rescued Pets are Wonderful.  That is where we got Sassy, so I want this little kitten to have a good place to live, too!  I would keep her ( and I am getting awfully attached...), but Sassy just wouldn't do well with her.  She just doesn't like other cats.  I was able to get pretty close this morning and thought I'd share a picture.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Fabulous layout and such a cute kittie picture!

Unknown said...

Love the layout and I'm in love with the Elemenal papers. What a sweet thing you are doing for that little kitten.

Kristin K. said...

Great layout. Love it.

Cheryl Even said...

What a great layout. I've been having a hard time wrapping my brain around what to do with the Elemental papers, but this has certainly inspired me! TFS.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...