Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sassy Lil Sketches Reveal

It's a new month at Sassy Lil Sketches, and time for a new challenge.  I want to let you know now that all sketches - layout and card - will be on one blog.  Layout sketches on Tuesdays and card sketches on Thursday.  Here is Cherie's card sketch for the first week -


Amazing, right?  I was so inspired by the different details on this sketch, so here is my DT reveal -

This is the new Sonoma paper, and I think it has easily become my favorite already!  I love the smoky plum, olive, and bamboo colors together.  I used a couple of stamp sets - Love Life (what a fabulous set!) and Find Your Style (January 2011 Stamp of the Month).  The frame on the card is a dimensional element (we have so many different styles), and I've covered it with paper and sponged the edges.  People have asked me several times what adhesive I like when working with dimensional elements (like chipboard), and I find Bonding Memories the very best.  It has a strong hold and is very easy to use.

The card sponor this month is My Favorite Things, and we'd love to have you play along!!

8 comments:

Marg Van Patten said...

Another gorgeous piece of art! Did you check the challenge at Shopping Our Stash? This would be a lovely entry!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! Love the papers.

wendipooh13 said...

love your take on the sketch!!! great colors and banner!!!

wendipooh13 said...

Hey I just left ya a blogger award... check it out!!!

http://scrappydayinparadise.blogspot.com/2011/08/ive-got-sweeeet-blogger-award.html

Katie said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful card (as usual), Brenda! Such wonderful attention to detail.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fabulous card, love everything about it very classy and sophisticated.

Marie

BrendaB said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! I love that color scheme!

Lynn said...

Beautiful, love the mix of patterns and that smoky plum is so rich!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...