Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

This is my second post today, so be sure to scroll down to see my reveal for Sassy Lil Sketches!  For a few days I thought my creative mojo had taken a vacation.  I had been working with some bright colors for a project, and I am always stumped when it comes to the cooler brighter colors.  I am envious of those of you who can work with them so wonderfully!  But then I pulled out this new paper packet from CTMH's fall/winter idea Book, and I was ready to create again!  You can click on the picture to open it and see more detail.



This paper is called Dreamin',  and the it's made of up of chocolate, bamboo, goldrush, honey, and crystal blue.  Oh, it was just perfect for these pictures and complimented them well.  I want to tell you a few details on this layout.  I cut the leaves with the new Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  This set comes with matching stamp sets so after they were all cut, I stamped them with goldrush ink.  From there, I heavily sponged the edges with chocolate.  I finished the leaf banner by tying some chocolate waxy flax loosely around it.

The sentiment (Harvest of Memories), pumpkins and their leaves are from the So Grateful stamp set.  I fussy cut those once I stamped them.  I used the same sponging technique as I did on the leaves, but on the pumpkins I sponged with goldrush.  The bracket is from the new Milepost Shapes.  What a value these are - 48 corrugagted shapes for $3.95!  On to the letters.  They are cork board color-ready alphas.  They are so easy to color to match your project.  For this one, I just sponged the edges with goldrush ink.  Then I finished off the page with some wooden buttons.

I will be entering this in the Scrappin' Chics Challenge which is to scrap with banners.

8 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your layout is absolutely beautiful!

Laurel said...

Wow, such a fabulous creation!

Unknown said...

Take my breath away beautiful!

Jamie Harder said...

Love those pumpkins! FABULOUS page!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I love the rich and yummy feel of this pumpkin page! Gorgeous!

Kimmarie Baker said...

I love the fall colors! This is a great way to make a fall banner. You put so much detail in the leaf banner and pumpkins. You can tell how much you enjoyed making this layout. I am a new follower. Thanks for joining us at SCB.

The Scrapbook Shop Around The Corner said...

oohhh i love the look of your page! The blue paper pops so beautifully against the orange and brown..its just wonderful!

Year 2 said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning!!! I love the leaf banner! You are making me want the Art Philosophy cart now! Thanks so much for sharing this at Scrappin Chics!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...